Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Night in Ariadne


"All my life I've been a spinner, it never mattered 'til today. I know how to dance the labyrinth, but I cannot show you the way.
Because you above all others, led off beneath my window grate, are so lovely and heroic I cannot leave your life to fate.
*When I fell asleep beside you, I didn't know I'd see your ship leave in the morning and be left- alone.
So I toss this ball of yarn and my fate into your hands. This is treason to the crown, I am a princess in this land. It was my mother's fateful lust that birthed the hideous Minotaur; but, my own fancy is the reason that my kingdom stands no more.
*When I fell asleep beside you, I didn't know I'd see your ship leave in the morning and be left- alone.
Oh, favored son of Aegeus, where are your noble morals now? Abandoned on some distant shore like every hero's heartfelt vows?
I am just a mythic maiden who cannot know the minds of Gods. I have lost all faith in humans, I bet my soul on higher odds.
*When I fell asleep beside you, I didn't know I'd see your ship leave in the morning and be left- alone."


(c) the Lostfolk 2011.
Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment